Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Product Review: Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers

While I haven't been a vegan very long, I have been a vegetarian for over 21 years and have had my share of veggie burgers. I suffered through every bite thinking "Well, it's better than eating meat". That being said, I quickly grew tired of them and hadn't eaten a veggie burger in years. So when I started my search for vegan foods I found myself standing in front of the frozen food aisle looking straight at the frozen veggie burgers. "Oh hell",  I thought, "this can't be the only thing a vegan eats, right?" Four weeks into my veganism, I now know that vegan  food is aplenty but at the time I said, "Screw it. I'll try the damn veggie burgers... again." I was in the frozen foods organic section at Hyvee when I picked up Dr. Praeger's California Veggie Burgers. I had never seen them before but I took a deep breath and grabbed the box.
An hour later, I was sinking my teeth into the most delicious veggie burger I had ever tasted! I knew then my life as a vegan wouldn't be as hard as I thought. I really didn't know how I would make it without milk and cheese but so far it has been really easy.   I never knew there were so many substitutes. I now put Tofutti cheese on the veggie burger's for an an extra little treat.
 I am still trying new things and as I find them I will share them along the way. If you want more information about Dr. Praeger's Veggie Burgers the website is http://www.drpraegers.com/.  Let me know if you have tried them and what you think.  More vegan product reviews are on there way!

No comments:

Post a Comment